This is first in a series where I take JD Lasica’s meme “Coolest Power Tools” on a “spin” to see not what our US geeks are using, but what our European Brethren find as their favorite aps.
I’ve queried some of my favorite new friends from Amsterdam, London and Cambridge about the tools they love. Here’s the first response, from Mathys van Abbe, founder of MobyPicture.
MATHYS VAN ABBE
- playfoursquare; In my opinion the first potential successful Location Based Service. Really like the fact they use playfulness to reach the necessary critical mass.
- soundcloud; Revolutionary collaborative tool for musicians. Not at all that musical myself, but really admire the distruptiveness of the service and the simple interface.
- startpix; Nice intuitive visual startpage which I use over 250 times a day. The fact it is visual and fills over time really makes it the easiest start on the web.
- mobypicture; founder and heaviest user ever since the launch. Not because you have to practise what you preach, but simply because I love to share my adventures!
Here are my favorites:
• A Twitter Custom Search bookmark on her Firefox browser toolbar (see my post on how to do this).
• Skype with screen sharing (see Are You There? Skype is My Traveling Geeks Lifeline).
• Innovate Ads “video spokesperson” and video banners for my book, Talk Show Tips. See Creating a High Converting Video Spokesperson for Your Landing Page).
• iMovie with YouTube uploader
• Tweetdeck on her Mac Mini